Eye doctors in Miami often tell their patients to be sure they are consuming the right foods and watching what they eat. Those who don’t consume essential vitamins and nutrients are likely going to experience vision problems at some point. There are certain foods that contain nutrients the eyes need to remain healthy, such as fish, carrots, leafy greens, and eggs. Many of these foods contain things that can’t be consumed anywhere else, except in supplement form. If a Miami optometrist tells their patient that they need to start taking a supplement to preserve their eye health, they would be wise to take their advice.
Foods That Are Good For Your Eyes
Instead of taking supplements to improve vision, people can simply ensure they are including the right foods in their diet. A Miami eye doctor can tell their patient what they need to be consuming, but they will likely not give them a list of every food that contains these essential nutrients. Here are some of the main foods that are good for eye health:
● Carrots. Everybody probably knows this one, and it’s important to consume because carrots contain plenty of Vitamin A, which is essential to healthy eyes.
● Leafy greens. These are packed with Zeaxanthin and Lutein, which have been shown to prevent the onset of macular degeneration. They are also antioxidants that are good for the body.
● Eggs. They also contain Zeaxanthin and Lutein in the yolk, but also Zinc as well. Zinc is essential to the functions of the eye and also for other organs in the body.
● Citrus and berries. These fruits contain Vitamin C, which will prevent people from developing cataracts and also fight macular degeneration.
● Almonds. Almonds contain Vitamin E and will help stop macular degeneration in its tracks.
● Fish. Fish is a great source of Omega-3 Fatty Acids and other essential nutrients that are good for the eyes.
Consuming the Necessary Vitamins and Nutrients
Sometimes people are so busy that they don’t have time to pick out specific meals every day. These people can rely on supplements to ensure they get what their eyes need to remain healthy. Those who do not ensure they are getting what their eyes need may require eyeglasses in Miami Beach at some point. Be sure that you’re including the right foods in your diet for good eye health so you never have to deal with optical issues that could have easily been prevented.
Originally posted 2017-02-05 02:29:18.