The eye consists of several layers that allow it to work the way it does. While some of the layers are incredibly thin, they are all critical to the overall functions of the eye. Miami eye doctors will most likely have a diagram of the eye on hand that you can examine if you’re interested in learning more about the complexities of this essential organ. Many people are also amazed to learn that a few of the eye’s layers can be surgically replaced without any negative repercussions to the function of it. In fact, most eye operations are fast, easy, and don’t have any future complications. Ask your Miami eye doctor to elaborate on each layer of the eye so you can understand a little of how it actually works.
Eye Layers and the Location of the Aqueous Humor
There are many different parts of the body that allow the eye to work the way it does, but we’re going to focus on the actual eyeball itself. These are the layers of the eye your doctor in Miami Beach will elaborate on if you ask them to:
- The cornea. This is the outermost layer of the eye that bends light as it enters the eyeball.
- Next is the aqueous humour anterior chamber, which contains the aqueous humour. This is the part of the eye right before the iris, which is the colored portion of the eye. Also, the aqueous humour is actually fluid that is inside of the anterior chamber.
- The sclera is the next layer of the eye, which is the visible white part of the eyeball that covers the entire structure of it.
- Inside the sclera you will find the lens of the eye. The lens is also responsible for refracting light, similar to the cornea.
- The vitreous humour is the center portion of the eye that’s filled with fluid.
- In the back of this chamber is the retina, which is what accepts the light passing through the eye and converts it into electrical signals that get sent to the brain.
The Aqueous Humor and Vision Problems
Although the previously mentioned layers of the eye are just the most basic ones, they are all very important. There are also other parts of the eye that are critical to its overall function, such as the suspensory ligaments that help to hold the layers of the eye in place. Some people believe that the internal region of their eye is what causes them to have refractive (or vision) issues, but this is not true. The only reason people need to wear eyeglasses in Miami Beach is because they have some sort of abnormality with their cornea, not any other layer of their eye. If you wish to learn everything there is to know about the human eye, then make it a point to discuss the things you want to learn about each time you have an appointment with your eye doctor. Within a few visits, you will surely know more about the eye than most people do.
Originally posted 2017-04-11 08:35:19.