Many women speak to their Miami Beach eye doctor about proper eye care when using cosmetic products. It’s common for a woman to put eye shadow, eye liner, and many other products on this part of her face. However, those who don’t know what they are doing or are using the wrong products can cause serious damage to their eyes. This is why an optometrist in Miami Beach is going to recommend certain steps and precautions to take when it comes to eye cosmetics.
Product and Application Care
When it comes to overall eye care and cosmetic products/tools, people need to be aware of a few key points. A doctor in Miami Beach is likely going to tell someone concerned about cosmetic products these things:
● It’s important to not hold onto old makeup for too long. Replace old products with fresh ones after a couple of months.
● Avoid mascara that looks too dry. Adding moisture to it is not going to work very well.
● Keep products fairly cool; don’t leave them in a car or hot bathroom.
● Keep designated products for lips, eyes, and other areas of the face. Bacteria from the lips can cause problems in the eyes.
● Avoid eyeliners with kohl in them as they may contain dangerous amounts of lead.
● Don’t share cosmetics and tools with friends.
There are also some things to remember about using the tools properly and applying cosmetic products, not just the products themselves.
● Don’t try and apply makeup while driving.
● If your eyes feel irritated, don’t use any cosmetic products on them that day.
● Only use cosmetic products on the exterior of the eyes, never put anything on the inside of the eyelid.
● Wash hands before applying makeup.
● Make sure cosmetic application tools are cleaned before using them.
Be Conscious of Products and Usage
Another important thing that an eye doctor in Miami will tell their patients is to be wary of the products they are using. If one particular brand seems to cause an allergic reaction, it’s best to avoid it in the future. Some people react differently to various products, and it wouldn’t be a good idea to continue using something that causes minor inflammation or irritation. Also, it’s important not to use too much of a product on the eyes. When sweat starts to build up, cosmetic products may get into the eyes and cause problems. By taking the right precautions, people can safely wear eye cosmetics and not deal with any problems.